Austrian universities are among the best universities in Europe. Anyone wishing to study at Austrian universities should prepare well for enrollment and gather all the necessary application documents in good time. It is important to monitor all changes to enrollment conditions.
The Government of Austria has recently made important changes to the “Law on universities ”(Universitätsgesetz). Starting in the summer semester 2019, all prospective applicants at the Austrian universities should with the application documents also submit a certificate confirming the level of German A2 and above. Applicants wishing to attend VWU preparatory courses should also submit this certificate.
The following certificates are accepted:
- Österreichisches Sprachdiplom A2 (ÖSD Zertifikat A2, ZA2);
- Goethe Institut – Goethe Zertifikat A2;
- telc Deutsch – A2;
- Deutsches Sprachdiplom der Kultusministerkonferenz Stufe I – DSD I;
- Österreichischer Integrationsfonds (ÖIF) – ÖIF Test (A2);
- Center for Language Studies at one of the Austrian universities - certificate - level A2.
The certificates may not be older than 2 years (from the exam date). An excellent option for those who want to learn German is to attend a language course directly in Austria. After 4 months intensive course you can master German at the A2 level and in the language environment you will anchor your knowledge perfectly.
You can check your German languages level by clicking on this link: Deutsch Einstufungstest.
University education in Austria has many advantages:
- The oldest universities offer a wide range of specialties;
- European diploma is widely appreciated everywhere and you will find a well-paid job without difficulty;
- The opportunity to have an internship at the leading enterprises of the country with further employment;
- Favorable price and high quality of education;
- the flexible structure of the education process;
- The opportunity to combine education with part-time work;
- You will become a real expert in your field.
The education in Austria is a great contribution to your future. You will not only receive invaluable experience and knowledge, but you will also have the opportunity to live in one of the most comfortable countries in Europe.